Eating right is one of the best ways to protect your body against diseases. This includes diseases of the eye, such as cataracts. One of the best ways you can make sure that your eyes are getting all the nutrition they need is by juicing. There are certain fruits and vegetables that are excellent for the eyes and their effectiveness is enhanced when you juice them. If you are suffering from cataracts, then knowing the benefits of juicing and which fruits and vegetables are good for juicing is of utmost importance.
What are the major benefits of juicing for cataracts?
- Juicing makes the nutrients in fruits and vegetables easier to digest. Juicing also ensures that the nutrients get into the bloodstream more quickly, because it removes fiber that would normally take hours to digest, this reduces the digestion time to minutes. This means that your eyes will get essential vitamins and minerals quickly.
- When you juice vegetables, you are eating them raw. Cooking vegetables destroys the vitamins and minerals that your eyes need to fight cataracts. Juicing maintains the nutritional integrity of the vegetables you consume.
- Juice is easy to consume. This makes it easier for you to consume lots of fruits and vegetables quickly, this reduces your consumption time to a fraction of what it would take to eat them.
What are some good fruits and vegetables for cataract?
- Parsley and spinach are good sources of beta carotene. Beta carotene will naturally protect the lenses of your eyes from excess light which can strain the eyes. This is especially useful if you have cataracts and your job involves being in front of the computer most of the time.
- Carrots are rich in manganese which helps to stop cataract growth. It is also rich in copper which also helps to prevent the growth of cataract.
- Blueberries are good for your eyes and contain powerful antioxidants that will help to stop free radicals from destroying healthy eye cells.
Here is a recipe which combines all four of these fruits and vegetables to give you a nutritious juice mix:
1. A bowl full of parsley
2. A bowl full of spinach
3. Three large carrots
4. A bowl full of blueberries
Combine all the ingredients in a high speed juicer, to create a refreshing juice mix.
You can juice each vegetable on its own or together to create a green juice. You may also juice blueberries alone to create a nutritious drink. You can be as creative as you want with these fruits and vegetables, as long as you consume some or all of them daily, to prevent the growth of cataracts.
However, don't forget to also visit an eye doctor, such as Country Hills Eye Center, to treat cataracts.